Social Media Optimization and Content Strategy.
Social Media is a communications tool.
Before jumping into social media for your business it is critical that you understand that, at its heart, social media networks are communications tools.
Many social media experts come from a marketing and sales background and a lot of the material you will read puts social media into a marketing context.
For those new to social media, this creates the impression that social platforms are a form of advertising. Using push-marketing tactics for posts on Google+, Facebook and other major platforms will not lead to success for your business.
Before you set up shop on any social network, consider these points:
- Social media is a communications tool, not an advertising channel.
- Social media is not free. Your time has value.
- Set goals, identify relevant metrics, measure results.
- Experiment with media types, post formats and platforms.
- Re-purpose content for different media and platforms.
A Google+ Business Page and Personal Profile are key elements in a search marketing strategy.
- Google has indicated that social signals are factored into search rankings for your website and social profiles.
- Acting in tandem, your Google+ personal profile and company page can leverage social networking and Social SEO on G+.
- Google personalized search results feature your posts when your followers search while logged into their Google account.
Social Media Tactics and ROI - What will work for your company?
- How is the Return on Investment (ROI) measured for Social Media? Do "Likes" = $?
- What are the alternatives to paid advertising that will build awareness for your brand?
- How will social media activities integrate with existing online assets? (Website, business listings, social cross-promotion, etc.)
- Should your employees communicate on behalf of the company? Do you need a social media policy?
Content strategy that employs all media.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world.
- Audio and video media open new channels and platforms to connect with customers.
- Which type of media is cost-effective and works for your business?
If you would like more information about services provided by MarkVang.com please use the contact form to start our conversation today.
⬅ Get a social profile review: Is your LinkedIn® profile attracting clients, or chasing them away? Do you know why you need a company page, even if you're a solo-preneur? I can review your Google+ profile, business page, Facebook page, Twitter profile and other social accounts so they work for you rather than against you.
⬅ Receive personal or team training in a private Google Hangout: Personalized training that can cover a wide range of topics including Google+, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn®. Sessions can be "hands-on" tutorials or private consultations where we discuss social media strategy and tactics for your business.